Pollo al Ajillo Recipe
This dish is easy to prepare, just set and forget. You can also substitute rabbit with this recipe, it works just as well.
- 12 pieces chicken
- 150ml ajo y perejil (see Note)
- 150ml La Chinata Extra Virgin Olive Oil (available for purchase in our online shop)
- 4 large brown onions, finely diced
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 500ml fino sherry
- Place the chicken in a bowl, season with salt and rub all over with the ajo y perejil. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Heat about 3/4 of the oil in a heavy based pan and sear the chicken on high heat until browned all over. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Discard the oil, scrape the pan clean and add the remaining oil. Gently sauté the onion, bay leaves and garlic for about 15-20 minutes until the onion just starts to brown.
- Increase the heat to high and return the chicken to the pan. Add the sherry and after a minute, add the stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer for 1 hour or until the chicken is just tender and almost ready to fall off the bone. You can thicken the sauce a little if required.
Note: To make the ajo y perejil, take 2 large handfuls of sprigged parsley, 5 garlic cloves and 100ml extra virgin olive oil. Process to a medium puree.