Used to make Ensaladilla Rusa, Alioli can be stored for a couple of days in a jar in the fridge. You can use a whisk and bowl for this, but a food processor works just fine.
- 2 garlic cloves (you can use 1 if you prefer a more subtle garlic flavour)
- 2 pinches of sea salt flakes
- 2 egg yolks
- 250ml La Chinata Extra Virgin Olive Oil (available for purchase in our online shop)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Chop the garlic on a wooden chopping board and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Using the flat part of your knife, crush the garlic and salt into a smooth paste. This takes a little time, but it’s essential that the paste is absolutely smooth with no chunks of garlic remaining before moving onto the next step.
- Place the garlic paste and egg yolks in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times until blended.
- While processing, add the oil a few drops at a time, making sure that it is emulsified into the mixture before continuing with more oil.
- Keep adding the oil until the mixture becomes a thick, creamy mayonnaise.
- Season with the lemon juice. (If you need more salt, make sure to dissolve it into the lemon juice otherwise you will get white spots in the mayonnaise.)